The regulations of participation in the Youth Music Confrontations – Koszalin 2017
International Piano Competition and Instrumental Workshops
- The main organiser of The Youth Music Confrontations is Grazyna Bacewicz Zespol Panstwowych Szkol Muzycznych in Koszalin in co-operation with Stanislaw Moniuszko Philharmonic of Koszalin, the Municipality of Koszalin and other institutions and private persons. The competition is organised under the auspices of the Polish Ministry of Culture and National Heritage.
- The Youth Music Confrontations – Koszalin 2017 will take place from 17th to 19th of May 2017 in the Concert Hall of Grazyna Bacewicz State Music School. Organisers reserve the right to correct the time of auditions depending on the number of applications.
- The Youth Music Confrontations – Koszalin 2017 are in the form of international multistage piano contest and parallel led concerts, presentations, lectures and open lessons. The contest auditions will be conducted in three stages:
- Stage 1 – solo works
- Stage 2 – piano concerto with the second pianist – accompanist
- Stage 3 – piano concerto with the orchestra
- The Youth Music Confrontations – Koszalin 2017 are open to participants from Poland and abroad, learning at public or private institutions or in the form of individual private lessons.
- The piano contest is dedicated to piano class students with the enclosure of university and college students, and its participants are divided into four age categories:
- Category A – born in 2006 and younger
- Category B – born in 2003 and younger
- Category C – born in 2000 and younger
- Category D – born in 1997 and younger
- Younger students may participate in the category for older students performing appropriate for the category programme.
- Participants have to perform their programme by heart. In case of ascertainment that the programme given by the participant is not accordant with the programme requirements of the competition, the candidate will not be approved for the audition.
- The order of music works performed in Stage 1 is by will.
- In Stage 2 participants perform a concerto together with a pianist-accompanist. The organiser can provide accompanists on the spot if earlier the need was reported. The service is free of expense. In Stage 3 participants perform the concerto accompanied by the Kamerton Orchestra of Grazyna Bacewicz State Music School.
- The Jury may qualify any number of participants to Stage 2 and maximum four from each age group to Stage 3.
- The organiser provides a 10-minute rehearsal in the concert hall before Stage 1, at least a 15-minute rehearsal with the pianist – accompanist in the concert hall before Stage 2, and
a 30-minute rehearsal with the orchestra before Stage 3.
- The auditions will take place in alphabetical order, starting with a previously drawn letter. The list of participants qualified to auditions, set order of performances and the plan of acoustic rehearsals will be published on The Youth Music Confrontations – Koszalin 2017 website: http://www. mlodypianista.zpsm.pl by the 10th May 2017.
- The application typed on the enclosed on the website application form and the copy of payment confirmation should be sent admitting of no delay by the 23th of April 2017 on
Zespół Państwowych Szkół Muzycznych im. Grażyny Bacewicz
- Fałata 32
fax (94) 347-80-12
with the footnote : The Youth Music Confrontations – Koszalin 2017, or to the e-mail ad-dress email@example.com with the topic: Youth Music Confrontations – Koszalin 2017.
Sending the application is equal to accepting by the candidate The regulations of participation in the Youth Music Confrontations – Koszalin 2017 in full without any stricture.
- Enrolment payment of The Youth Music Confrontations – Koszalin 2015 is PLN 100 or equality in Polish zloties of €25 or $30.
The payment should be sent on the bank account given below:
Zespół Państwowych Szkół Muzycznych
im. Grażyny Bacewicz w Koszalinie
IBAN: PL92 1010 1599 0166 2313 9134 0000
Kod BIC: NBPLPLPW
The bank transfer should be entitled : The Youth Music Confrontations – Koszalin 2017 together with the name of the participant and the name of the school or institution.
All bank charges are paid by in full by the transferor.
In the case of resignation, the payment is not returned.
- The rules of assessment and the prize distributions are determined by the Jury consisted of preeminent pianists and educators. The Jury reserves the right not to award participants or award participants ex aequo. The decisions of the Jury are final and indisputable.
- Participants in all age categories qualified to Stage 3 compete for places and distinctions, for Grand Prix of the Youth Music Confrontations – Koszalin 2017 among them where the amount of points collected in all stages is deciding. Winners of the first three places receive the title of laureate. The organiser also provides special prizes:
– for the best performance of Polish music work,
– for the best performance of a concert,
– for the best performance of Andrzej Cwojdzinski’s music work.
- The main prize of The Youth Music Confrontations – Koszalin 2015 is the performance as a soloist with a philharmonic orchestra in Stanislaw Moniuszko Concert Hall in Koszalin. The date of the concert will be set by the concert office of Koszalin’s Concert Hall in agreement with the contest winner and his protectors in the concert season 2017/2018 (between September and June). The choice of the piano concert should be made in co-operation with the organisers.
- All remaining laureates and special prizes winners of The Youth Music Confrontations – Koszalin 2017 will be provided with alluring gifts, while all the participants will be given commemorative diplomas.
- The contest auditions, the final concert and the laureates’ concerts may be recorded, photographed, stored, multiplied and distributed by the contest organiser without any technical, quantity, time or area limitations with the use of all available audiovisual technology, including publication in mass media. Every participant accepting the present regulations pass free of charge all ownership rights of their contest performances and picture to the organiser. The organiser reserves the right to authorise other people or institutions to use the mentioned right.
At the same time the organiser informs the participants that the presentation of one own recordings and other forms of audiovisual recording must be made according to the Law of the 4th February 1994 about the ownership and related rights (Dz.U.1994 Nr 24 poz.83).
- The costs of participating in The Youth Music Confrontations – Koszalin 2017 (transport, accommodation, alimentation) the participants cover themselves. The organiser has 25 places in quadruple rooms at his disposal in the dormitory of Grazyna Bacewicz State Music School for the set repayment (the order of applications is decisive). The organiser also offer booking day alimentation in the dormitory canteen (without quantity limitations).
- Educators, parents and participants willing to secure other accommodation or alimentation are free to organise it single-handed.
- Notes of chosen concerts and music works by Andrzej Cwojdzinski recommended by the organiser to be performed in Stage 1 are available on The Youth Music Confrontations – Koszalin 2017 website : http://www.mlodypianista.zpsm.pl.
- The website features also more detailed information, as well as many curiosities and archival materials concerning The Youth Music Confrontations – Koszalin previously known as A Young Pianist Workshops. The website is systematically updated and is considered as the means of communication between the organiser of the competition and the participants.
- In the case of disagreement concerning translations of the regulations into foreign languages, the regulations in the Polish language is legally binding.
If you have any questions, please, call or email:
- Paweł Gajdzis – artistic director of The Youth Music Confrontations – Koszalin 2017, tel. +48 604 485 546, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Piotr Grelowski – e-mail: email@example.com
- Paweł Bortnowski – e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Download (pdf): Regulations